Internship: digital design and branding
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our international non-profit research organization and help bridge environment and development science to policy and practice. Stockholm Environment Institute is a world-leading research institute in its field. We are a dynamic and expanding workplace that employs around 130 people in an activity-based HQ office in central Stockholm. We have an additional 200 employees in seven centres around the world.
Overview and tasks
The Global Communications and Branding (GCB) division enables SEI to communicate clearly and effectively, supporting our aim of bridging science, policy and practice. We specialize in global communication and branding, collaborating daily with centre communications to amplify our local and regional impacts. Driven by core values of collaboration, high quality deliveries and competence building, we strive for excellence in all that we do. We are continually refining our skills, processes and tools to stay ahead of trends and best practices in the craft of communications.
The intern will work closely with the design, publication and social media teams, alongside our communications officers. The internship will consist of two main tasks:
- Support the production of editorial outputs by:
- Designing clear, accessible and SEI-branded data visualizations
- Laying out SEI-branded publications for web and print
- Creating engaging social media assets to highlight key messages
- Support the design team in enhancing the SEI brand by creating branded assets, including but not limited to icons, website banners, poster, Microsoft templates and videos.
We seek a creative individual has studied or is studying graphic design, visual communication or similar, to increase engagement, clarity and visibility for the work we do.
The ideal candidate will understand graphic design, typography and branding. The ability to create video is a bonus. An eagerness to collaborate in a diverse team, where not everyone might be familiar with design principles, is essential.
This internship can also be part of your thesis work.
Formal qualifications and knowledge
- Enrolment or completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme in graphic design or visual communication.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC software, including InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere and Acrobat, with a willingness to learn and adapt to new tools as necessary.
- Experience in designing and producing both print and digital materials.
- Strong English proficiency.
Internships at SEI
We aim to attract competent and skilled university students for our internships. Our goal is to support the intern’s development by providing a valuable learning experience in a professional setting. Please note that SEI HQ only offers unpaid internships. Applicants must be fully funded and insured by external sources throughout their time at SEI HQ.
All SEI recruitments are based on respect for the individual regardless of gender, gender identity or expression, age, union representation or political opinion, functional variation, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, nationality and marital or parental status.
For questions regarding the research aims of the internship, please contact Moa Engström, Head of Global Communications and Branding: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Filippa Klintberg, HR Specialist: email@example.com.