2D/Motion Design Lead
Who We Are
We are creators who live to be original.
For the past two decades, we’ve been building a playground for the creation of original work. A place where a diverse collective of artists, thinkers and makers can express themselves, be bold, and experiment freely. A place where brands come to be authentic, challenge conformity and stand out from the crowd.
We’re not simply a design studio, production company, or visual effects house. We’re a modern creative company. We strategize, we ideate, we design, we create, we make. We go wherever our pursuit of originality takes us.
To be original requires a new school of thought. We are Brand New School.
What We're Looking for
Leading design and creative studio, Brand New School is seeking a 2D/Motion Design Lead for a full-time hybrid role at our LA studio. We are looking for someone who has mastered motion design as well as 2D animation, has a passion for storytelling, and knows how to mentor others. This means you’ve developed a strong personal style but are still capable of working outside of your wheelhouse. You’re a clear and easy communicator, great manager of projects and people, has a defined creative process, and is willing to take a leadership role in the department.
Our team is creative, energetic, widely respected and full of talented, intelligent artists. With ~60 employees across the United States, we are a tight community with one common goal - making great work.
- Lead, manage, and work closely with 2D animation teams.
- Mentor and coach younger animators while also cultivating a sense of community across departments.
- Continue improving processes and ensuring quality output.
- Work with design teams to accomplish creative goal of a project and its team.
- Balance the demands of producing exceptional work while also satisfying the needs of our clients.
- Manage multiple projects in a collaborative and creative environment.
- Collaborate with producers and creative directors to help resource jobs, plan production pipelines, manage workflow and manage deadlines.
- Be an active participant and contribute to the creative culture of the studio.
- Mastery of Adobe Suite software, especially After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Adobe Animate, Toon Boom, TVPaint, and 3D animation skills are a plus but not a mandate.
- Ability to 2D character animate—via cel animation, character rigging, shape layers.
- Animation, Design, or related degree, along with relevant work experience.
- Minimum 8 years experience, with at least 3 years as a senior animator.
- Deep familiarity with workflow, saving and rendering best practices.
- Familiar working on projects for all major content platforms.
- Know how to take creative direction, respond to feedback in a timely manner and be respectful of project deadlines.
- Available to work on-site at BNS LA per our hybrid work schedule
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- One Medical account
- Company sponsored continued education
- Peer bonus system
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- Company administered 401(k) plan
- Apple Fitness+ digital membership (12 month)
- Dog friendly work environment 🐶
$125,000 - $145,000
Brand New School attracts a team with unique skillsets and varying levels of experience. Therefore, the salary range provided is broad and will be refined during the interview process.