As the Operations Manager, you will play an integral part in ensuring that our European operations are running smoothly in an efficient, stable, and profitable way. You will lead 6 people in the Support Services team and report directly to the Managing Director for Europe. The role is located in Stockholm and is a 12-month parental cover.
The role of the Support Services team at Hyper Island Europe is to make the experience of working and studying at Hyper Island the best it can be. In practical terms, this involves facilities management of our two campuses, managing our core IT systems & services, administration of our 11 full-time programs, and managing the Employee Experience for our 100 staff in Europe.
The Operations Manager is the one that oversees this work and ensures that the members of the Support Services team are supported and have what they need to carry out their duties. Oftentimes this means that the Operations Manager is heavily involved with stakeholder management; coordinating efforts across the organization and with other teams & leaders.
Who are we looking for?
The skillsets we are looking for in a successful candidate is the ability to effectively communicate & coordinate complex processes with many stakeholders but also to quickly adapt plans & ways of working to ever-changing needs. A successful Operations Manager at Hyper Island should also have a pragmatic approach to what problems are most important to solve in order for the business & people to thrive, as well as an agile and learning mindset as no day is the same in this line of work. Lastly, you should have a coaching and mature leadership style as you will lead an experienced & autonomous team.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- The recruitment, onboarding, and exit process; ensuring it’s clear, thought through, and implemented across the organization.
- Coordinating part of the HR annual process involving staff surveys, development talks & the leader's community.
- Ensuring that the facilities in both Stockholm and Karlskrona are operated in a smooth and efficient manner; ensuring proper service for students and clients as well as continuously supporting the facilities managers on decision-making & budgeting questions.
- Ensuring that the admin process for our YH programs is conducted in a proper manner to assure that relevant documentation and data are delivered to the YH authority as well as supporting the Program administrators with larger development projects.
- Supporting the European hub with IT infrastructure such as new system implementation continuously updating & managing the users in the catalog of core systems.
Experience and competence
- Previous leadership experience is required, preferably from a similar role.
- Previous work experience in facilities management, administration, or operations roles.
- Proven track record of improving processes
- Proven ability to take a helicopter perspective for the good of the company
- Structured way of working and an ability to document processes
- Strong communication skills; native Swedish speaker, fluent in English
You will report to the Managing Director of Hyper Island Europe
Start April 2023
Terms: Fixed 1-year contract (parental leave cover), for the right candidate with a good chance of staying at Hyper Island in another role after the end of the contract.
Location: Stockholm, hybrid Remote (working from the Stockholm Office at least 1/day week).
The application deadline is 31 January. Please note that if we find the right candidate the application process may be closed earlier than stated. Please present your documents in English.
Your application has been successfully submitted.