We’re looking to build one of the most innovative, exciting art shopping experiences through our website and app, so want an experienced art aficionado to join our team in Berlin!
As an entrepreneurial business and our sole Art buyer, you’ll be expected to wear many hats and will a big impact on how the Fy! Art section evolves. We’re looking for someone with a strong point of view who understands how to differentiate art, and create a shop that has something for everyone.
You’ll have hit the ball out the park if within the first 12 months:
• We have an art shop that is unrivaled when it comes to variety, quality, and individuality
• We’ve become the go-to shop for both customers and artists to know that they will find the very best art, and it will be presented in a way that benefits both parties
Some things you’ll be doing…
• Sourcing and negotiating with print on demand vendors for our website, and ensuring that we have a large assortment of high quality artists added to the platform each week
•Helping to establish and set up new verticals within our art category (Premium, Exclusive, Limited Edition, One-of-a-kind, etc)
• Working with various teams to determine how to best present Art on our platform. How can we create an experience that is unparalleled and makes the shopping experience unique and easy for our consumers?
• Working with our Marketing team to determine innovative ways to get our Art store in front of both customers, and artists
• Working with our IT team to determine how we can automate the onboarding process for new artists as much as possible, in order to scale rapidly
• Determining ways to ensure that our art shop is different from what is currently on the market. We don’t want to replicate what is existing, we want to create something new
Who are we looking for?
You’ll love it here if:
• Above all else you’re ambitious and want to make something amazing
• You’re interested in new, emerging brands especially in the art space
• You thrive on delivering large amounts of work and juggling multiple projects – we launch many artists a week so need to operate more like Buzzfeed than Vogue
• You have a growth mindset and understand the need to adapt to support business growth
• You work collaboratively – you’ll be working with many teams every day, so it’s essential that you understand different points of view, and are a team player
• You’re able to think of potential problems, and come up with workable solutions for implementation. We will be launching new initiatives, so need to expect the unexpected whenever possible
You’ll also need to have:
•Worked as a licensing manager, or art buyer for a minimum of 2 years (preferably for an e-commerce company)
• Have a working knowledge of, and relationship with a high volume of artists of differing backgrounds
• Have experience in phone sales, and trade shows
This is an unparalleled experience to work in one of Europe’s fastest growing mobile brands whilst making a name for yourself. If we hit our objectives you’ll inevitably be one of the most sought after talents in Europe.
• Impact and influence – you’ll be joining a small but high performance team and, as our only copywriter, will be influential in how we communicate to everyone
• An incredible learning experience in building and scaling a global consumer brand. You’ll be working as part of a team who have over 50 years combined experience starting, scaling and exiting consumer businesses (onefinestay, Fab.com, Monoqi, Zipcar, Zulily, Google, Tuenti, TicTail…)…
• You’ll be exposed to everything entailed in scaling a digital startup – marketing, fundraising, product, ops, engineering etc.