Airmee is a well-capitalized start-up backed up by some of Sweden’s biggest investors that is looking for an extremely talented back-end developer to work on some of the most complex problems in the world and help revolutionize logistics. You must have experience designing and building large and complex (yet maintainable) systems.
Airmee is one Sweden's fastest growing logistics startups focusing on fast and convenient deliveries for retailers and other businesses. Our technology that optimizes our logistics fleet in real-time is based on our world-leading research at KTH allows us to do this more cost-efficiently and environmentally sustainably than anyone else.
What're we looking for?
We're looking for a Backend Developer who will be in charge of extending and maintaining the services offered by Airmee. The tasks include database design and development, building and maintaining private and public APIs and scaling up our infrastructure to handle ever increasing data loads.
The API is built using Amazon Lambdas (Serverless) and the database that provides the functions consumed via the API is built in PostgreSQL. The system infrastructure is hosted on AWS.
You are used to TDD since we aim at having 100% test coverage. We put a great focus on good documentation and code readability, so we expect you to write clean code and properly document it.
You are comfortable working with staging and production environments.
You have considerable experience maintaining and scaling up databases, in particular on indexing databases and managing connection pooling and latency.
You have top-notch communication skills and work ethic.
Skills & Requirements
We believe that you have:
• previous experience in API development, preferably Serverless technology, ideally on AWS Lambdas, and in relational databases, preferable PostgreSQL
• solid knowledge of Object Oriented Programming and Clean architecture principles
• solid knowledge of database indexing, replicating and high availability
• previous experience working with large volumes of spatial data, e.g., in PostGIS
• competence in testing with Mocha and Karma (for JS APIs) and pgTAP (for Postgres)
• comfortable working with agile methods
It will be amazing if you also,
• have at least one project on github (any sharable repository would work)
• you are a contributor to the open source community
• have the know hows to contribute to the full tech stack
• have used the PostGIS spatial extension for PostgreSQL in production
Why join us?
You will be working with a diverse group of talented, motivated and interesting co-workers. We emphasize getting stuff done faster and better than anyone else, while having a lot of fun.
Being part of a startup in its growth phase you will have the opportunity to influence the culture and build a team around you. You will also have a lot of freedom in how to execute tasks.
Our office is located in central Stockholm.
“It’s easier to invent the future than to predict it.” — Alan Kay