We’re looking for an eager and ambitious Brand Marketing Manager - reporting to our Head of Marketing - to help make MyShowcase the best brand around. This is a super important role here at MyShowcase and we’d love your help to make us build a brand that people fall head over heels in love with (and one they can’t stop talking about!).
The majority of your time will be spent in both the planning and implementation of marketing, content creation, social media management and PR activities to help raise awareness of MyShowcase. You’ll be a guardian of the brand and instrumental in bringing our brand to life for our customers, Stylists, and brands.
There is huge scope for this role to grow as the business grows, so we’re looking for someone who’s keen to learn; ready to be hands-on from day one but with a desire to develop. And we’ll be here to help you do just that.
As a startup, we work fast and we get sh*t done. We’re a small, passionate and driven bunch. We’re an open and honest team, we succeed and fail together and support each other in that. We’re always looking to improve, grow and develop; whether that’s our people, our roles or our product. It really is a great bunch of people behind MyShowcase.
- You are a beauty lover! You’ve got your finger on the pulse of beauty trends, you know the bloggers to watch and have an eye on the up-and-coming beauty brands. Passion for beauty is a must!
- Brand building comes naturally to you. You know what it takes to create a brand people love to talk about
- You’re a natural storyteller. You love creating all kinds different content, from press releases and longform to videos and data-driven infographics (with help from our creative team)
- You care about building an active, engaged community online
- You’ll be comfortable working as a one-man band or playing your part in a team
- Having multiple projects on-the-go is what makes you excited
- You’re up for a challenge and want to develop your skills
- Work with the Head of Marketing to refine, update and refresh the MyShowcase brand, bringing it to life across all our assets and through all all communications
- Be a guardian for the MyShowcase tone of voice; across our site, content, social media and our wider comms to make sure we’re consistent in everything we do
- Be the go-to for copy requirements. You’re able to adapt to various channels, from product copy, long-form content, social posts, AdWords ads or above the line campaigns
- You’ll own the comms calendar, making sure we’re all singing from the same sheet
- Develop our content marketing and social media strategy and execute against the overall marketing and brand plan
- Grow our social media channels, build our community and help manage our active Stylist forums
- Gather user-generated content from our customers, Stylists and brands
- Closely partner with our designer, ensuring all creative is on time and on brief
The ‘Nice to haves’
- Previous experience working in a startup
- A basic knowledge of SEO; we’re not looking for an expert, but basic knowledge would be helpful
- Experience with PR; understanding how to create newsworthy stories
- Experience using a blogging platform (e.g. Wordpress)
- Previous beauty experience a plus
The benefits, biscuits and beers
- Competitive salary
- A role that you can help shape, define and grow
- The chance to work in a fast-growing company
- All the tea and coffee you can drink
- Breakfast and lunches included; think toast, bagels and snacks galore
- Beer, wine and pizza time. The real deal clinchers. We work hard, but we’re also a really friendly startup who love a laugh and a beer down the pub.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch and let us know why you’d be great!