As an PR, Communication & Social Media Intern at SACC-LA you will collaborate closely with the Board of Directors, who all are well-established within creative and innovative industries and know how to navigate in LA. This internship gives a unique opportunity to build a strong network at a high level, while learning how to step into a role with responsibilities combined with effective teamwork.
Duties and responsibilities:
The PR, Communication & Social Media Intern at SACC-LA will be working with the following tasks:
• Website: Web editor responsible for updating and managing the SACC-LA website.
• Newsletter: Editor for our weekly newsletter Finally Friday with around 3,000 subscribers.
• Social Media: Create a social media strategy and content for SACC-LA’s current social media channels. Today we have a Facebook page, a Twitter account, a Vimeo account, an Instagram account and a LinkedIn account.
• Event: Together with your team, conduct the general marketing of the Chamber during events, through different marketing channels, etc. Develop briefing material for external partners.
• Overall Communication: Making sure that all external communication follows our communication strategy and graphical guidelines
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a person who is creative, strategic, independent, has a holistic perspective and the ability to multitask. You will also need good writing, editing and proof-reading skills. If you have graphic design and film editing skills it is a huge plus. Work experience as well as knowledge in InDesign and After Effects is preferred but not required.
There is no monetary compensation for the intern, as SACC Los Angeles is a non-profit organization. However, as an intern abroad you are entitled to apply for scholarships. Some Swedish students, depending on their university program, might also be eligible to receive student aid from CSN.
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming our Event intern, please apply with your cover letter and CV at http://sacc-usa.org/trainee/positions/ as soon as possible, although no later than October 15th. Interviews will be held continuously.
For questions and more information please contact Caroline Strömberg at the SACC Los Angeles office. Send an email to email@example.com or call +1 (310) 622 3616.
Requirements for this internship position:
• Excellent verbal and written skills in Swedish and English
• Project Management experience
• Software skills, e.g. MS Office, Photoshop
• Good Social Media experience
• Higher education within Communication, Marketing and/or PR
• You must be a Swedish citizen or permanent resident. SACC‐USA will help out with the visa application.