COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR AT VASS PRODUCTIONS
VASS Productions AB is Sweden's largest communications agency within beauty and an innovative and forward-thinking agency with a strategic and digital focus. The office is centrally located on Grev Turegatan 10 and has fresh and pristine office.
VASS Productions AB offers the right person the opportunity for creative work and leadership in an inspiring environment. Together with lovely colleagues in Stockholm and Oslo and a joint venture, you will have the opportunity to develop with the company and manage and develop the company's PR department.
As COMMUNICATIONS DIRECTOR at VASS Productions, you will manage, build and lead the PR department, with a headcount of 7 employees today, and be a member of the senior management team. You will be ultimately responsible for the delivery of high-quality media exposure that is aligned to each client’s respective profile. You are also responsible for refining and managing the brands of VASS Production’s clients and devising creative concepts of excellent caliber. You will be personally managing the brands of the agency’s 2-3 largest clients, but the same level of quality is expected to be delivered from the entire PR team.
• The Communications Director will have revenue responsibility for the PR department and should motivate the team to maintain a business-driven and revenue-optimizing relationship with the agency’s clients.
• The Communications Director is expected to establish well thought-out synergies with the agency’s two other main business areas: digital marketing and events, including VASS Norwegian Office.
• As part of the management team, the Communications Director will have a key role in driving and developing business strategies.
• This position will include the following tasks daily: develop and execute PR strategies and projects for clients; identify, map, initiate and develop opportunities within PR and the agency as a whole; lead and support co-workers; process new clients and follow-up on existing ones; collaborate with the Norwegian office, digital marketing department and event department on mutual clients, strategies and projects; monitor and report on PR and communication trends locally and globally; actively maintain media contacts; set and work towards goals for the PR department; budgeting for the PR department; and participate in senior management team meetings.
• We are looking for someone who is proactive, innovative and has a great driving force with a great sense of service and high quality/standards in their work. This role requires an individual who wants to constantly develop and not give up until they have achieved the best results for their customer. You are analytical and structured, creative and a positive problem solver. You are an inspiring leader and like motivating teams. Of course, you have extensive knowledge and interest in PR and communications. You express yourself very well in both spoken and written Swedish and English. As Communications Director, you are determined and energetic, sales-driven and an excellent project leader.
MAIN WORK DESCRIPTION
• Responsibility to manage, build and lead the PR department
• Manage and refine the brands of the agency’s clients
• Devise creative concepts of excellent caliber aligned with each client’s respective profile
• Personally manage the brands of the agency’s 2-3 largest clients
• Revenue responsibility and budgeting for the PR department
• Lead and support co-workers, with a current head count of 7 employees
• Establish synergies and collaborate with the agency’s two other main business areas: digital marketing and events including the Norwegian office
• Drive and develop business strategies as part of the management team
• Monitor and report on PR and communication trends locally and globally
• Actively maintain media contacts
• Set and work towards goals for the PR department
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER INFORMATION
• Proactive do:er and inspiring leader
• Understanding of the PR / communication role and the PR / communications industry's mission
• Experience of project management with excellent ability to plan and execute efforts over time for optimal effect
• Experience executing successful PR projects and strategies
• Economic understanding, sales-drive and strong language skills are required in addition to a combination of creative and analytical thinking
• At least 5 years’ experience within PR, communications and branding at an agency or in-house
• Previous experience of project and event management
• Previous headcount responsibility
• Great confidence in negotiation, communication and presentation techniques
• Superb knowledge of strategies, methodologies and controls the area of communication
• Previous experience in managing teams and personnel
• Education in the digital field, PR, marketing, economics or related field combined with experience from the communications industry
• Skilled communicator with strong knowledge of English and Swedish languages
• MS Office
• Publishing Tools (CMS) - for example, WordPress or EPiServer
• Project management experience at strategic level
• 3-year high school education
• Higher education or equivalent education or other academic education in combination with postgraduate studies in digital communication
• From digital communication / media agency and or similar activities
INDUSTRY KNOW HOW
• Superb knowledge of communication strategies, methods and control functions
•Travel may occur in the service