A COO, or Chief Operations Officer, oversees a company's business operations and reports to the CEO. A COO ensures the company has effective operational and financial procedures in place. This is a new role directly carved out from AppJobs founders.
As AppJobs Chief Operating Officer you will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the business and growth and development of the AppJobs community and business around the world. Working closely with the CEO, you will be the builder to his visionary role, his thought partner on strategy and execution, and have central responsibility for determining the optimal use of available resources. Your team will include the Head of each operational department and all the staff reporting into them.
If this is right for you, it’s because you are a high energy individual who knows what it takes to scale a digital company, has a passion for creating order out of what might otherwise be chaos, and the savvy to overcome the inevitable hurdles that come with giving life to an awesome concept.
- Coordinate HR functions such as recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new staff
- Identify and contract bookkeeper and accounting professionals
- Participate in creation of company financial projections and reporting systems
-Help define operational, financial, and marketing KPIs and work with Heads of Each Department to create and adjust appropriate reporting systems
- Develop and motivate teams
- Other projects and duties, as assigned
Profile: Previous experience
- Previous experience in a high-velocity digital startup
- 2+ years in the role of a senior operations leader
- 3+ years experience from a top tier professional services firm (e.g. in Mgt Consulting or Finance)
- MBA or equivalent advanced degree (e.g. in Finance or Engineering)
- Profile: Skills
- Firm understanding of business financials, budgets etc.
- Innovative strategic thinker
- Strong analytical thinker who is data driven and able to make decisions quickly
- Excellent project management skills balancing multiple projects and competing priorities
- Experience developing, implementing and achieving KPIs
- Demonstrated facility with project management tools, automated marketing applications and social media platforms
- Track monthly and quarterly financial metrics for senior management and board of directors
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders
- Exemplary standards of quality, accuracy and timeliness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills In ENG
- Fluency in basic workplace software (MS Office, Google Apps, SQL)
It is not a must to tick all skills and experiences, since this role is a mix of COO/CFO the requirements could be adjusted for the right person. The most important is that you are smart, have the right attitude, and fits our culture.
About Appjobs: Mission
AppJobs is the world's portal to all work and all services in the gig-economy, the fastest growing sector of work worldwide. With over a quarter of a million members spanning over 32 countries in over 120 cities, AppJobs is home to the largest, and fastest growing, community of gig-workers in the world. Workers use AppJobs to browse for apps with which they can earn money, find benefits and services that fit the life of gig-work or contribute to the knowledge base surrounding the gig-working community.
AppJobs mission is to be the gig-workers best friend. Join us and help make the gig-economy a better economic opportunity across the globe!
About AppJobs: Operational setup & Business model
The AppJobs team is 25+ FTE strong (plus 18 PTE’s) and located out of Stockholm Sweden and Katowice Poland. The operational team is split in 5 functions
Member Growth / Marketing
Member Product / Tech Dev
Partner Product / Tech Dev
Partner Growth / Sales
The current revenue models include lead generation revenue to gig-platforms such as Lyft, Lime and Doordash. We are actively pursuing the development of additional revenue model based on brokering of Benefits and Services as well as from Data insights and Financial Information.
We are on a fast track expansion and growth journey. Join us on an exciting adventure!
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org marked “AppJobs”
If you have any questions please contact email@example.com or 0735 006 003.