SURFnCODE is a kind of startup builder/incubator—a startup that creates startups—based in Porto, Portugal. We were founded this year by alumni from Skype, Apple, Microsoft and Amazon. We’re in a fun space in Matosinhos, with great food, public transit, and sunny beaches.
To learn more, visit http://careers.surfncode.io.
We are looking for an experienced full-stack web developer to join our team in Porto (Matosinhos). You will take a leading role in building scalable, cloud-based products and services, working on interdisciplinary teams with experienced leaders from world-class technology companies.
This is for full-time permanent employment, starting immediately.
• You’ll build responsive web apps and reliable web services for a range of products within our portfolio companies.
• You’ll collaborate with designers to iterate and refine UI/UX concepts as well as with company founders to brainstorm, investigate, and prototype ideas.
• You’ll write solid and secure code, write unit tests, automate building and testing, and also test manually.
• You love solving problems even if they’re not your own.
• You obsess about details, from pixels to filenames, while keeping business realities in mind.
• You enjoy working in fun and informal environments with diverse, international people.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related area
• 4+ years of industry experience building real-world web apps/cloud services, having gone through multiple product cycles
• Proficient with modern front-end libraries/frameworks (e.g. React, Angular, Bootstrap), and solid understanding of CSS and responsive design
• Proficient with web back-end frameworks (e.g. Flask) and databases (e.g. Postgres, MongoDB, ElasticSearch) and ORMs (e.g. SQLAlchemy)
• Solid understanding of relevant security issues, standards and protocols
• Master of bug tracking/task management (e.g. Jira) and version control (Git)
• Articulate in English
Nice to Have
• Ideally experienced with Machine Learning (ML), specifically Natural Language Processing (NLP) algorithms and tool
• Ideally experienced with data visualization (D3.js, etc.)
• Ideally experienced with data engineering (Kafka, Logstash, Hadoop, S3, etc.)
• Ideally experienced creating REST APIs for internal and public use, and mastery of API design and management (Swagger, Kong)
• Ideally experienced with scaling and performance (e.g. frontend vs. backend caching, load balancing, CDN)
• Ideally experienced with Docker, Python packaging, DevOps (AWS/Google Cloud, DNS, IaC), general Unix sys admin
• Competitive salary, bonus & equity
• Flexible hours
• Private health insurance
• Work with modern web technologies
• Opportunities for idea incubation
• International diverse workforce
• Career development & learning opportunities
• Apple hardware
• Meal benefits
• Paid time off
• Surfboard and lessons
• and more…