Please apply via this link: https://fairphone.homerun.co/graphic-design-internship
If you are as excited as we are about creating positive change, then have a look at our vacancy below!
HOURS: 32-40 hours per week but negotiable based on internship/school requirements. · DURATION: 6 months depending on availability. · LOCATION: Amsterdam · START: 2 January 2018 · DEADLINE TO APPLY: 1 December 2017.
About your Role
We are looking for a Graphic Design Intern to join our in-house creative team. In this role, you will create visual content that drives a strong brand experience to support Fairphone’s mission of building a movement for fairer electronics.
Your work will consist of implementing our visual identity to various formats and materials, both print (packaging, user guide, events) and digital (website, ecommerce, email, social media), with the occasional work in 3D deliverables (eg, booth or POS design). You will have the opportunity to develop your own project(s) and take initiative.
- You feel a strong and intrinsic connection with Fairphone’s vision, mission and values.
- You take initiative and see opportunities where others see issues, and apply them via constructive, creative thinking.
- You are flexible and love the work environment of a start-up/scale-up company that is fast paced and determined by change.
- You are a people person and enjoy collaborating with people from different levels of seniority, cultures and backgrounds.
- You are self-motivated and have a positive attitude.
- You have a passion for turning difficult explanations into clear visual storytelling.
- You (are willing to) live in the Netherlands and have the right to work within the EU.
Your Skills & Experiences
- You are currently studying in or recently graduated from a design or communications program.
- You have relevant skills in Adobe Creative Suite (ie, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop).
- You are fluent in English.
- Knowledge of photography, filming, or handling a camera is a plus.
- Sketching and/or illustration skills are a plus.
- Knowledge of different printing processes is a plus.
What can Fairphone offer you?
- The opportunity to create impact across continents.
- A work environment full of international, passionate, warm hearted team members.
- Daily, healthy lunch, organic fairchain coffee, lemonade and many more tasty things.
- Public transport allowance – we support you if you come by public transport up to 100 Euros.
- In-house bike repairs.
- Weekly Yoga sessions at the office.
- Weekly Bootcamp sessions with personal trainer.
- Weekly Dutch lessons with a teacher at the office.
- A financial compensation in accordance with market standards for Dutch internships.
If this sounds like you, you could be our new Graphic Design Intern and together with us work on Fairphone’s mission: to create a fairer economy.