About the host company
The Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce in San Francisco and Silicon Valley is looking for four proactive, ambitious and result-oriented interns to join our team starting in the middle of January 2018.
WHO WE ARE
Since 1948 we have been a leading facilitator of transatlantic trade and knowledge sharing between Sweden and Northern California. Our longstanding presence and reputation in San Francisco gives us deep local roots and a unique understanding of the Bay Area business environment as it intersects with Swedish business.
WHAT WE DO
• Connect individuals and organizations through our professional network.
• Share information and knowledge through a number of high-profile networking events and seminars throughout the year.
• Drive business and building bridges between American and Swedish companies for mutually advantageous business opportunities.
WHAT WE OFFER
Since the days of the Gold Rush, the Bay Area has been at the center of global commerce. The economic activity of the region attracts a range of international companies and startups and is considered the birthplace of new media and the worldwide technology boom. San Francisco and Silicon Valley house some of the most innovative tech companies in the world.
As an intern at SACC-SF/SV, you get the unique opportunity to be part of the cutting-edge setting that is the Bay Area today. You will be able to expand your professional network, gain new experience and advance your skills by working in a highly inspirational atmosphere and by meeting and collaborating with industry leaders and professionals in a variety of business sectors. This is a once in a lifetime chance to gain a competitive edge — in Sweden and internationally — and to experience a part of the world that is changing history.
The four intern roles entail different focal areas of responsibility. At SACC-SF/SV we strive to build an effective team and these roles may be adapted to suit the qualifications of the applicants. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Marketing & Events intern's role includes planning and implementing activities such as business seminars and networking events and securing speakers for events. The intern will plan, deliver and follow up the activity. This includes creating event and marketing proposals, budgeting, time plans, writing post-event reports and more. Following SACC-SF/SV’s strategies the intern has a mission to increase attendee to member conversion rate and increasing event profitability through cost minimization. The Marketing and Events intern will mainly be involved in our larger, annual events.
This is a 6-month internship beginning in the middle of January 2018. The internship is unpaid. SACC‐USA will assist with the visa application. You must be a Swedish citizen eligible for a J-1 visa to be considered for this position. Application deadline: October 22nd, 2017
• Higher education within Business, Marketing, Project Management or equivalent
• Related work or extracurricular experience
• Structured, outgoing personality, salesmanship and initiative skills
• Teamwork and leadership skills
• Stress resistant and able to keep a positive attitude in all situations
• Service minded
• Excellent verbal and written skills in Swedish and English