Would you like to intern at one of Sweden's biggest film events?
Stockholm International Film Festival started in 1990 and is today one of the Nordic region's largest film organizations and cultural events.
Interning at the Stockholm Film Festival means taking part in a fast-paced cultural organization with a broad network of contacts in both the Swedish and international film industry. Those applying should have good organizational skills, be stress-resistant and cooperative, be good at multi-tasking and of course love movies.
As a trainee you get a good experience for the future and you will be able to tie important contacts for your continued professional life. You also get a Personal badge, which gives you access to all the exciting events that take place during the festival.
The period is between September - November 2017.
• Guest Department: Invites filmmakers from around the world, books trips, hotel accomodations. Responsible for the guest's stay in Stockholm and all the logistics around each individual guest. Responsible for the guest center at the festival hotel during the festival period. Background/education in service/travel and/or project management.
• Press department: Prints press releases, contacts Swedish and international press, manages logistics with all interviews, press accreditations during the press center press conference. Background/education in journalism and/or marketing/communication.
• Marketing department: Keeping contact and informing all members of the autumn program, member support, issuing membership cards, member responsibility, marketing assistant tasks, etc. Background/education in marketing and/or communication. InDesign knowledge one plus.
• Event department: Arrange and manage the logistics of the festival's various events and parties, decoration, etc. Background/training in event and/or project management.
• Newspaper Editor: The film festival produces an annual program, a festival catalog and an industry guide. The editor writes texts and designs the newspapers. Background/education in layout or design.
• Festival TV: Produces trailer packages, clips, film interviews, events etc. Works with the logistics of all programs. Photo, editing, etc. Background/education in film and/or media production.
• Technical department: Examines all film copies, keeps in touch with cinemas and other external premises for which we arrange events. Technical support for the festival. Background/education in technology/cinema engineer.
• Web department: Updates our website continuously with information in Swedish and English. Works closely with the marketing department. Background/Education in web publishing.
• Industry Department: Arrange a program content for the film industry in the form of, among other things, seminars and other industry-related activities, organizes meeting places during the festival for the Swedish and international film industry. Background/education in project management and knowledge about the film industry.
• Program Department: The program department selects the festival's movies, plans and programs the entire festival. Background/education in cultural studies/film studies.
• Volunteer Department: The volunteer department recruits 400 volunteers each fall. Matches the right volunteer with the right festival department and plans the volunteers' participation in the festival. Communicates, informs, organizes volunteer meetings and is the volunteer's contact person. Background/Education in HR/Behavioral studies.
• Face2Face: The Face2Face department organizes all public meetings with filmmakers via shorter "Q & A's" and longer panel debates/seminars at our cinemas and other locations. Background/education in cultural studies/film studies.
• Project: The project department is responsible for all contracts, employees, office management, various projects related to the festival, festival car, events together with the event department, premises etc. Background/training in project management.
• Sponsorship department: Works with new and existing sponsors, media sales, etc. Background/training in sales, sponsorship, project management.
Read more at www.stockholmfilmfestival.se
Send your application to email@example.com
Please indicate in your mail in which department you are interested in interning, and when you are available.