At AKQA, we believe in the imaginative application of art and science to create beautiful ideas, products and services. As an AKQA Planning Director you will be strategic lead on world leading clients and help deliver real impact for them. You have a firm grasp on what true insights are, how to find them and the change they are capable of creating, because how you see the world often helps shape how others see it.
You will help grow our reputation as a strategic agency by acting as an ambassador and leader of strategic planning, both within and outside the agency. Your unique and original point of view will provide industry thought leadership on business and creative opportunities for the agency as a whole.
Key Responsibilities & Skills
• Proven background in brand positioning and strategy, channel planning, campaign strategy and social.
• A passion for innovation and business strategy.
• Ability to build successful ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with key senior client contacts.
• Holistic approach: able to ‘connect the dots’ and act as leader within a multi-disciplinary team.
• Strong customer service ethos, a commitment to quality and the will to constantly drive improvements.
• Engage with clients for sale and delivery of significant strategic planning projects.
• Create clear, insightful and actionable direction to inspire creative thinking.
• Educate and inspire internal teams regarding the purpose and value of strategic planning.
• The ability to work well under pressure, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity and have an objective focused and positive approach.
• Strive to learn new skills, staying abreast of business, audience and technology trends, and successfully applying them to work practices.
• Constantly drive to improve output, systems and processes within the Strategy department, ensuring that only work of the highest quality is presented to client.
Skills and Experience
• Deep understanding of consumers and their use of all media.
• Account planning background from creative agency, but with strong evidence of digital capability.
• Customer research experience (qualitative and quantitative) at both implementation and management levels.
• Proven effective line management and career development experience.
• Previous performance and interaction at equivalent to Brand Director/Marketing Director level (ideally global).
• Blue-chip client experience.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.