We’re expanding our design team and we’re on the lookout for a Product Designer to help us grow the team. The role would combine designing some of the bravest products and services that our clients have ever launched, with helping us to further develop our design offer.
As a member of the design team you’ll be responsible for delivering against our approach to business design, product and service design, and go to market and market growth opportunities. You’ll also help grow our culture, coach and inspire the team, and work closely with our clients to create exceptional work that solves real customer problems. By developing great relationships with clients you’ll also be creating opportunities for new business.
Our design team are an incredibly talented bunch of hybrids and this is something we embrace. The team consists of people with a background in product design, UX, visual design, and branding. We know that unicorns don’t exist but we’d like someone who has experience of user research, UX, and visual design, with particular strength in one or two of these areas.
More about the role
As a Product Designer at Adaptive Lab, you will:
- Support the delivery of complex service and product design projects
- Work within multi-disciplinary teams to design, prototype and build cutting-edge propositions
- Design and lead research and insight programmes, if your specialism is user experience
- Set visual design standards and inspire the client towards these visions, if visual design is more your specialism
- Run experiments and design sprints to rapidly test and iterate prototypes
- Contribute to designing frameworks and approaches for Adaptive Lab
- Take an active interest in the design discipline and regularly share the subject with the broader team and community.
What we're looking for
- Successful candidates for this role will have:
- Experience of product innovation, digital transformation, and customer experience development experience
- Experience of getting involved in all stages of the product and service design process, from initial analysis, workshops, sketches, ideas and concepts through to user research, prototyping and the final delivery of designs
- Experience facilitating the design of new and existing products and services by bringing people together, and facilitating workshops, design sprints and ideation sessions
- Ideally some experience of taking a product to market by working closely with developers and optimising the performance of that product over time through testing and iteration
- A combination of experience designing mobile and web user-focused applications, as well as denser, information-rich interfaces
- A focus on process and proof. Testing and iterating must be an inherent part of your approach
- Information architecture, prototyping, personas and storytelling, behavioural economics, and/or ethnographic research experience
- Data visualisation methods and principles experience isn't essential but would be ace
- An understanding of the challenges and intricacies of designing for digital
- Interest in and knowledgeable about digital technology
- Good copywriting skills
- Solid business acumen and a hunger to learn more.
Above all, this role is about having passion and enthusiasm for all aspects of product design, with a desire to create world-class products which are simple, enjoyable, good for the business, and most importantly, something which people want to use. We want someone who is curious and a strong conceptual thinker. Someone who brings a sense of fun but also urgency to any situation. With a real feel for design and empathy for users, you can help take Adaptive Lab to the next level!
We’re going to treat you properly
- Generous and competitive salary (they're benchmarked and we're proud)
- Discretionary team bonus scheme
- Company pension contribution
- Paid-for private healthcare packages to choose from
- 25 days of holidays, along with the 8 days of bank holidays (with a couple extra available to you when you need and want them) Plus, additional Christmas closure to save these days for the rest of the year
- Childcare support, including additional time off when you need to attend appointments and childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Flexible working programmes. Many of the team have other things that they are involved in and we're on a mission to design a place to work where this is encouraged and supported. There is no one model to fit all so feel free to talk to us about what you need
- Individual training budget for personal development (you'll have money to attend conferences, buy books, crash courses, or seek out some coaching, in addition to our company-wide activities and spend)
- Communities of Practice meetups every week. Connect with your team or join other teams to share interesting things, seek out feedback, and work on side projects together
- Social events every month. We've been locked in a room with a zombie, gone climbing, ran around laser quest, brewed our own beer, learnt magic and held a couple of poker nights
- Quarterly company days. We take ourselves out of the office regularly and each time we try to focus on something we're currently doing or something coming up. It's our time to set strategy, prioritise plans and make sure everyone is involved. It's also just a lot of fun.
If this is the kind of gig and company you like the sound of we’d love to hear from you!