Job Board

Product Designer (closed)

Job Description

Our products

The Canon Companion App - Helping people learn about their cameras and how to take better photos with tailored, easy-to-follow instructional guides, exercises and videos.

Canon Irista - Aimed at helping people store, organise and share their photos, smartly reliving them, both digitally and in print in quality and effortlessly.

The Canon Printshop - Allows users to print their photos on an array of products, from smart phone cases to tote bags.

Lifecake - Provides parents with a place to share their children’s photos and videos with loved ones.

The Role

We’re looking for a Product Designer to take the lead on the Canon Companion App. You’ll be working closely with the engineers and the product owner in a start-up working environment to help shape a product from its early stages. You’ll also be collaborating within the broader Digital Services team, to ensure the products and services we offer are aligned and to share learnings and ways of working.

With a design practice centred around solving user needs, you’ll be confident leading projects from information gathering stages through to build, working in sprints with our engineering team. Ideally you’ll be able to conduct user research and prototype and test your solutions to produce polished, buildable designs.

Skill set

- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.

- Able to gain a thorough understanding of user needs.

- Work within a small multi-disciplinary team, partnering closely with engineering and product to find elegant and practical solutions to design challenges.

- Cross platform interaction design & prototyping.

- Able to break complex projects down into sprints.

Your background

- Experience designing for multi-platform products, including mobile apps.

- Experience working in an agile team

- You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create consumer-oriented experiences.

- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.

- You have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.

- Experience working in an agile team.

About Canon Digital

Canon is the world’s best imaging company – driven to enrich people’s lives with innovative products and smart digital solutions. Today we are a truly global brand, constantly challenging ourselves to find new ways of adding value through our growing portfolio of services. The photography space has never been more exciting. By 2020 in EMEA it is estimated there will be half a trillion images taken, of which less than 15% will be taken from cameras, the other 85% from smartphones.

There is a huge opportunity for Canon to engage with this new audience and unleash their passion for photography. There is an equally great potential in nurturing those many millions of people who already have a camera by helping them to do more with their photographs. Building a Canon Ecosystem of digital products all interlinked to each others is Canon’s answer and it’s at the core of its ongoing Digital Transformation. An ecosystem that can be defined as a “Canon world” and that can translate Canon’s 80 years of photography heritage into beautiful and engaging digital experiences.