The Canon Companion App - Helping people learn about their cameras and how to take better photos with tailored, easy-to-follow instructional guides, exercises and videos.
Canon Irista - Aimed at helping people store, organise and share their photos, smartly reliving them, both digitally and in print in quality and effortlessly.
The Canon Printshop - Allows users to print their photos on an array of products, from smart phone cases to tote bags.
Lifecake - Provides parents with a place to share their children’s photos and videos with loved ones.
We’re looking for a Product Designer to take the lead on the Canon Companion App. You’ll be working closely with the engineers and the product owner in a start-up working environment to help shape a product from its early stages. You’ll also be collaborating within the broader Digital Services team, to ensure the products and services we offer are aligned and to share learnings and ways of working.
With a design practice centred around solving user needs, you’ll be confident leading projects from information gathering stages through to build, working in sprints with our engineering team. Ideally you’ll be able to conduct user research and prototype and test your solutions to produce polished, buildable designs.
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Able to gain a thorough understanding of user needs.
- Work within a small multi-disciplinary team, partnering closely with engineering and product to find elegant and practical solutions to design challenges.
- Cross platform interaction design & prototyping.
- Able to break complex projects down into sprints.
- Experience designing for multi-platform products, including mobile apps.
- Experience working in an agile team
- You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create consumer-oriented experiences.
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Experience working in an agile team.