Strategy & Planning at AKQA is exciting, dynamic and challenging. Everyone in the team possesses an innate curiosity for the world around them and a passion for solving problems, telling stories, and learning new things. With a collective responsibility to solve our clients’ biggest challenges, they are committed to extracting meaning from numbers, uncovering impactful insights and simplifying the complex.
As Senior Strategic Planner, you will have the opportunity to lead strategic projects across a range of clients that result in industry-leading work. You will be expected to:
Work closely with account leads to understand our clients’ business challenges and guide them towards the right solution or approach
• Unearth unique insights that lead to inspiring creative briefs and fruitful discussions with our clients
• Set objectives and devise measurement frameworks for projects together with the analytics team
• Shape the direction of a pitch, own the strategic elements within it and represent strategy in new business meetings
• Proactively identify opportunities to grow existing workstreams
• Manage and nurture more junior strategists within the team
• Expand your influence beyond the immediate team through internal and external thought leadership
Skills and Experience
Experience in strategy and planning within a digital or integrated agency environment is preferable, but startup experience within areas such as product development, user research, product marketing and communications is also applicable. Ideally, you will have worked with or within 2+ industry sectors.
Regardless of your professional background, we are looking for someone who:
• Has a proven track record of successfully delivering strategic projects
• Is a lateral and creative thinker with the ability to make complex topics understandable
• Is inherently inquisitive about human behaviour, society and culture
• Is conversant in most primary (quantitative and qualitative) and secondary research methodologies and capable of knowing how and when to apply them
• Possesses a deep understanding of the intricacies of the customer experience in an omnichannel world
• Is confident in delivering cross-channel strategies (i.e. ranging from traditional and digital advertising through to email, web and social)
• Is experienced in the many facets of CRM (i.e. acquisition and retention marketing) and the evolving nature of loyalty (e.g. in the access economy)
• Can work across multiple strategic projects simultaneously
• Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with the ability to inspire and persuade
AKQA Core Values
Every employee at AKQA holds themselves to these values:
We encourage creative thinking and problem-solving and continually push the boundaries.
We forge positive partnerships with clients and colleagues to achieve successful outcomes.
We are passionate about our work and aspire to excellence in everything we do.
We are thorough in our research and meticulous in our execution: from first idea to the smallest detail.
AKQA collaborates with forward-thinking companies to create the future.
AKQA is an Equal Opportunities Employer, we believe that diversity is vital to AKQA’s ability to provide our clients with the best recommendations and are committed to fostering a varied and inclusive work environment. Your race, colour, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or veteran status have no bearing on our hiring decisions. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.