UX Designer - Store Applications
6 - 9 month Contract Position
A Portfolio and Resume are required upon application of this position.
Our client is looking for a UX Designer for their Digital Store Experience team. The Store Experience team develops a suite of native iOS applications which enable their associates to serve their customer with ease across their fleet of thousands of stores. They are in need of a designer with experience developing efficiency and service applications, someone who can contribute to the development of their point of sale, markdown or other tools which support associates fulfilling omnichannel orders. The designer will work closely with a cross-functional team in a fast-paced Agile environment. Interaction with other groups is part of the daily activities to research, plan, design, develop and deploy enhancements bi-weekly. This designer will also actively leverage their existing Stores Design System and be expected to contribute new patterns as they arise.
This consultant will be required to work on-site full time in San Francisco with a dedicated team of 4 UX Designers and two tracks of work with cross-functional teams. There is flexibility to work remotely on Fridays.
● Minimum of 5 years of professional UX Design experience
● Previous experience creating and launching transactional applications including SASS, loyalty, payment, CRM, etc.
● Expert in Interaction Design, Strong in Visual Design - able to apply elements from an existing Design System to ensure consistency with a broad suite of applications.
● Knowledgeable in Service Design practices
● Expert in Sketch and InVision
● Proficient in prototyping tools such as Framer, Flinto, Axure or Principal
● Experience working with Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines
● Familiarity with iOS enough to understand if what you are designing can be built. More experience hands-on with development is always a plus but not expected to code.
● Excels at pairing side-by-side with Developers to ensure implementation meets the design intent.
● Demonstrable skills with reviewing implemented work, providing pointed feedback and holding the cross-functional team accountable to delivering the application as designed - ensuring it matches the designs created or where needed engaging in the discussion with the team and UX management on deviations based on input during the development process.
● Experience gathering input from end-users and conducting or participating in usability testing and needs-finding research.
Difference between good and great candidate:
● Capable of understanding and articulating the business need and the user need and translating both into an elegant solution that solves for both parties.
● Knows how to learn the user need (rather than inferring or using personal bias).
● Capable of both advocating for the user while understanding where to compromise to meet business goals.
● Possesses ability to articulate design solutions and intentions based on research, usability practices and business values. Able to persuade stakeholders of various groups in the company of the validity of an approach and facilitate discussions as a partner with a cross functional focus on meeting user and business goals.
● Team player who is comfortable with daily standups and actively engaged in regular meetings to define the solution together. Outcome focused team player who is comfortable with daily standups and is actively engaged in the full process to define and ship the solution.