Art Director - Print
Our in-house Creative Studio is looking for an Art Director to join us in the EF Zurich International Language Campuses division. Our next Art Director must be a ‘Big Thinker’ who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and bring concepts to reality. The Art Director with print focus will act as a creative leader across the business, putting the student first and ensuring we are achieving creative excellence and meaningful visual brand expression in all print and related online and offline touchpoints on the user journey.
Why you will love EF Zurich:
• A modern office, 10-minute walk from Zurich HB
• Year round trainings for new joiners and Managers + department specific trainings
• A fun, international, and dynamic environment
• Full reimbursement of the SBB “halb-tax” travel card, providing a 50% discount on public transportation throughout Switzerland
• In-office gym and studio classes
• Discounts on a wide range of local restaurants, destinations, and hotel stays
• 15% off in-house childcare service (more info. available).
• Team building events, kick-offs, and holiday parties throughout the year
• Opportunities to travel internationally
• Discounts on EF programs
• Tuition Reimbursement for continued education for all full-time staff
What you’ll do in this role:
• Conceptualize and execute campaigns across print direct marketing, in-school, and physical marketing channels
• Oversee print concepts, layouts, design, editorial strategy, and image selection for all EF print materials
• Guide and support visual designers and desktop publishers throughout the prepress process
• Think big about meaningful storytelling that will inspire and support the student experience
• Develop creative concepts, scout locations, assemble shot lists with online and offline channel owners, work on storyboards, and cast talent during the photo and video pre-production process
• On-location art direction during productions
• Post-production image selection guidance to photo editors
• Be part of developing and maintaining our design guidelines, ensuring consistency across all mediums, channels, products, and platforms
• Stay on the cutting edge of design, production techniques, and online and offline media trends, implementing them into the brand's visual communication with a focus on print innovation
• Work closely with cross-functional teams, including design, copy, dev, sales, academics, and tech teams to develop creative solutions for real business challenges
Successful candidates have:
• 8+ years of experience in visual design and art direction
• Excellent design skills: layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and web
• Experience art directing print projects or media publications
• Editorial and prepress experience
• A passion for meaningful brand communication
• A strong eye for photography, color, and design
• Experience leading photo shoots and video productions as an art director
• Strong aesthetic skills with the ability to combine various graphic styles
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite and Figma
• Fluency in English (written and spoken)
• Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects, including print
• Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, design, communications, or a related field
If you would like to apply, please send us your CV and a letter of interest, along with a link to your portfolio.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has schools and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://www.ef.com.
Opening the world through Education