Marketing Intern, World Water Week
Are you looking to apply your design and social media skills, gain valuable work experience, and broaden your knowledge of sustainability and environmental issues related to water all while increasing your network?
SIWI is searching for an Intern to join the Marketing team in organizing World Water Week 2024, with the theme Bridging Borders: Water for a peaceful and sustainable future. Students and recent graduates are welcome!
In 2023, World Water Week, the leading annual global event on water and development, was held as a hybrid event with ca. 300 sessions, gathering 500+ organizations and 15,000 registered participants from 193 countries and territories. Looking ahead, we plan to advance our digital and physical offerings even further.
Under the supervision of World Water Week’s Head of Marketing, you will join an experienced team of highly skilled professionals responsible for the delivery of World Water Week, the Stockholm Water Prize and the Stockholm Junior Water Prize.
- Produce design assets (graphic design and video) for distribution across World Water Week’s marketing channels.
- Adhere to World Water Week’s graphic profile and editorial style guide.
- Basic copywriting.
- Support the marketing team with administrative tasks.
- Provide campaign specific assistance.
- Research project – to be defined.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You are a student or recent graduate with graphic design and video editing proficiency (Adobe Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Premier Pro or equivalent) looking to apply your skills in a professional communications environment.
- You are a social media native and can design social media assets and edit videos tailored to the target audience.
- You want to learn more about digital communications in the context of promoting a large global conference.
- You want to dive deeper into data and campaign optimisation.
- Can communicate and cooperate effectively with internal and external colleagues.
- Have solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Can work independently, proactively and be self-sufficient.
- Can learn new systems, tools and processes quickly with training.
- Speak and write English fluently or natively.
- An interest in environmental issues and sustainability is desired, but a water background is not required.
- Digital marketing guidance and mentorship.
- Hands-on experience of email, social media and CMS tools and platforms.
- Real-world experience working at a not-for-profit organization on an important mission to solve global water challenges.
- Work with a diverse group of professionals with unique backgrounds and experiences in the World Water Week team.
- Meet, network with, and learn from SIWI and the organizations/ individuals who participate in World Water Week.
- Insights into the latest projects and initiatives to solve the global water crisis.
- A reference or certificate of completion will be provided by SIWI at the end of the internship.
INTERNSHIP PERIOD: January-April 2024, 3 months full-time
PLACEMENT: Stockholm office. Candidate must be based in Stockholm (hybrid: 2 days in office)
LEVEL: Entry or junior level
LANGUAGES: Fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Unpaid Internship, Full-Time (approx. 30 hours/ week)
Please submit your CV and personal letter in English by using the application function on the SIWI web page: www.siwi.org. Please submit your application before 30th November 2023, at the latest, since interviews will be held continuously.
For more information about the position please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org