Venture Designer (Fintech)
👋 Hey, We're Founders Factory
We're looking for someone to join our Venture Design team, where we build new businesses from scratch.
Venture Design, as we define it, is the process of identifying opportunities and using human centred design principles to shape those into new businesses.
Our venture design process is not about creating an exact business blueprint. Instead our aim is to give the founding team a foundation to build upon, usually consisting of:
- An opportunity: Identify market gap and unmet user need or desire
- A solution: A credible solution hypothesis on how to address that need
- A go to market approach: Clear differentiating factors and unfair advantage
To put it another way, if Founders Factory made TV shows, the Venture Design team would be responsible for the pilot episode. Companies designed by the team and built in the Venture Studio include:
Nate, a universal shopping app which just raised $38m
Karakuri, a food robotics businesses which has raised over $20m
Tembo Money, a family bank for everyone which recently raised a £2.5m seed
Byway, a slow travel business started in the depths of the pandemic
As a Venture Designer, you will be teasing out problems, hypothesising solutions, testing, validating and developing the commercial foundations. This involves rapid experimentation, so we’re looking for individuals who walk the line between product design, product strategy and commercial rigour. Strong visual design and prototyping skills are a must - bringing ideas to life visually and sharing them with non-technical people is a critical part of the role.
It’s likely that you have a curious and creative mind, eager to understand what makes people tick with the ability to apply a commercial lens to everything you do. Start-ups and the tech space in general is probably of deep interest to you; you should love building products that users rave about and are happy to work at pace across different projects with competing priorities You thrive in a startup environment and probably subscribe to lean methodologies and principles of product development.
This role will put you at the forefront of fintech innovation. With deep expertise in the space and a finger on the pulse of industry trends, you'll join our team of fintech specialists to create venture-backable businesses with our partners in London and Milan.
To Learn More, Check Out This (thoroughly incomplete) Venture Design Handbook:Link
As our Venture Designer, you will be responsible for the following:
- Identifying market trends and opportunities, particularly in the fintech space
- Designing new products and services and bringing them to life visually
- Shaping product and business strategy
- Designing and building landing pages and prototypes
- Workshopping solutions with the wider Factory team
- Constantly experimenting with new technologies and tools to drive innovation and creativity
- Presenting new concepts to partners and other stakeholders
As our Venture Designer, you possess the following skills and competencies:
- Have a deep understanding of what makes a great business
- Have a proven track record of taking ideas and bringing them to life across a range of industries
- Be organised, attentive to detail and an ability to balance detail with the big picture
- Have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Have worked with a variety of products and industries in your career
- Have solid product / graphic design chops
- Be able to quickly throw up a landing page and know your way around a bit of code (or be proficient in low-code/no-code tools)
- Thrive in uncertainty
- Be a self-starter and comfortable working with little direction or oversight
- Deep interest and experience within fintech, and a finger on the pulse of current trends in the space