Interaction Design Internship
Do you wanna cross the digital & physical world? Are you able to tinker and build simple functioning physical prototypes with tools like Arduino or Raspberry Pi? Then join our interaction design team!
About the Zeekr brand
Zeekr is Geely’s luxury EV brand and is committed to being a user-driven tech company. We create new ecosystems focused on innovation with users at the centre of operations.
"We have a chance to define the values of the Zeekr brand first of all, and there are two statements that are important for its future: one is being human centric, and the other is about being technology driven. Both of these ideologies are pushing the design philosophy forward."- Stefan Sielaff, VP of Global Design, Geely Auto Group, Head of Zeekr Design & Head of Geely Design Center Gothenburg in Car Design News on Dec 12, 2022
About the team
We are a fast-growing team of both creative and management professionals with the task of delivering exciting global products suitable for volume production and innovative concepts. In an inspiring studio environment, we build and maintain a top-class design team of multiple nationalities. With best in class processes and tools we challenge pre-conceptions and deliver premium car design.
The benefits of working with us
We combine the speed and flexibility of a start-up with the knowledge and support of a global player. In our vibrant and creative teams, everyone has the chance to be heard. We strive for well-being, self-expression and conscious design. At Zeekr we are one big family and combine the best of both worlds!
Your new workplace
Welcome to Geely Design Center Gothenburg, the new multi-brand studio from Geely Auto Group, dedicated to supporting the design efforts for the premium high-tech electric brand Zeekr. This remarkable design house is spearheaded by automotive design veteran, Stefan Sielaff, who oversees more than 500 design talents from all over the world in shaping tomorrow's cars.
Your future role as an intern at the Zeekr Interaction Design Team
Challenge and inspire our design team --and yourself-- while innovating for a sustainable, technology-driven society. Be curious and show us how you imagine the future of user-driven tech company. As an Interaction Designer, you will play a key role in creating products that are not only visually appealing but also prioritize the interaction with the user and usability at every step of the design process. Depending on your interest and aim of your internship, the role will be formed with a wide selection of various tasks and responsibilities, including:
- Conduct user research and gather insights to inform interaction design
- Create sketches, wireframes, prototypes and high-fidelity visual designs for product features
- Apply UX principles to design user-centered products that meet the needs and wants of our target audience
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure design concepts align with business goals and customer needs
- Present design solutions to stakeholders, incorporating feedback and making necessary revisions
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in design software and technologies
- Ensure product designs are user-friendly, aesthetically pleasing and meet accessibility standards
- testing, testing, testing,...
What are we looking for
- background in design studies
- creative mindset & curiosity
- speak your mind and showcase what you believe in
- turn research into tangible insights
- sense of eagerness to learn and explore unknown territories & softwares
- hands on person that crosses digital and physical
- able to tinker and build simple functioning physical prototypes
- familiar with programmes like Arduino and Raspberry Pi
- coding skills are a plus
Start: Beginning of May 2023 (or as soon as possible)
Period: preferably 6 months
Where to apply
Please fill out the application form and upload your portfolio as a PDF (max 10MB) in the section below. (For online portfolios or websites use the question section and paste the link in the text box)
We look forward to receiving your application!
For more information please contact:
Robin Wöhr, Design Talent & Relationship Liaison, +46 76 127 15 91, for questions regarding the position & recruitment process
Last Application date: 20th of March 2023. Apply today. We will perform ongoing selection during the application period. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that due to GDPR regulations we can only accept applications and CVs sent through the recruitment system, not via email or other channels.
The corporate language is English.
Your application has been successfully submitted.