Summer Interns in Nordea Markets
Job ID: 16816
Would you like to work on the largest trading floor in Scandinavia and learn about working in the financial markets?
We offer an exciting opportunity to be part of the 2023 Summer Intern programme in Nordea Markets, Copenhagen. Learn about the fundamentals of capital markets by working closely with experienced analysts, sales managers, traders, quants and IT-developers within foreign exchange (FX), fixed income, equity trading, derivatives and structured products. Meet investment bankers and client executives who create solutions for Nordea’s largest corporate and financial institution customers.
As a Summer Intern in Markets in Copenhagen, you will be a valued member of the team for 8 weeks from end of June 2023 until mid-August 2023. Six of our teams in Markets are looking for summer interns and common for our teams is that, besides being passionate about the work we do, we prioritise initiatives to socialise, and we facilitate activities for you to network with each other and across the organisation. Internships are paid.
We hope to hire a group of summer interns for different roles. Below you can read about the hiring teams and please indicate your preference in the online application:
- FX Business Analysts
- In the e-Trading FX Business Analysts team, we work with business and other stakeholders to identify and analyse new requirements and drive implementation in our FX system landscape. We combine our IT expertise with in-depth business process understanding to deliver value to our FX business.
- Rates Development and Data
- In the e-Trading Rates Development and Data team, we collaborate with market trading and sales to identify improvement points and implement innovative solutions. These are either in the form of custom components for our trading platform or advanced analytics solutions (e.g., ML models or data dashboards). The team combines strong IT/analytical skills with in-depth business knowledge to deliver value to the Nordea rates franchise.
- FX Core Development
- In e-Trading FX Core Development, we are responsible for trading gateways and infrastructure for foreign currency trading at Nordea. We develop and maintain an array of services that are fault tolerant, highly available and have low latency. We work in conjunction with business analysts and operations to identify and refine business and operational requirements. We create value to Nordea customers by delivering reliable software to ensure trading operations are up and running with little to no downtime.
FX/Derivatives Sales & Research
- FX/Derivative Sales and Research offers research, advice and risk management solutions to a wide range of corporate, public and institutional customers. Our solutions include bespoke and in-depth financial advisory, structuring of currency and interest rate hedging solutions and execution of financial transactions to name some.
- We focus on supporting our customers in their risk management journey by analysing the specific risks in combination with the development on the global financial markets. In this role, it is required to be fluent in both English and a Scandinavian language.
FX & Liquidity Trading
- In the Systematic Market-Making & Automation (SMM&A) team within FX & Liquidity Trading, we act as market makers for various FX related products such as spot, forwards, swaps and options. We combine in-depth market knowledge with statistical and mathematical modelling techniques to develop automated algorithmic trading systems for the FX spot market and we aim to continuously improve the market by creating liquidity, providing accurate pricing and act as a stabilizing force in all market conditions.
- With us, your tasks could range from building predictive models using large sets of historical data to improving existing automated trading systems in collaboration with our developers.
- Since we work in the intersection of trading, research and technology, for this role specifically, we are looking for a candidate with a proactive problem-solving nature combined with an entrepreneurial attitude, good understanding of basic statistics and mathematics and solid programming skills. These skills are necessities and will be used in your daily work.
Trading Capital – Trading Office
- In the Trading Capital team, we work with all business areas and main stakeholders across Markets to analyse and optimise capital consumption for Markets. We combine our in-depth knowledge of financial products, excellent communication with the trading desks and IT tools to achieve this.
- We create value to the Trading franchise by providing insight into capital development, and we are constantly researching new strategies, products and innovative ideas to improve capital consumption.
- We look at capital consumption both in the current and future regulatory framework and, therefore, we aim at addressing both compliance to upcoming regulatory requirements and improvement of current capital consumption.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. At Nordea, these are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
In all teams described above, you will be a valued member both professionally and socially. We are looking for people with positive mind-sets and outgoing personalities who can handle several assignments simultaneously. We appreciate motivation, goal-orientation and engagement.
- A year after this summer internship, you will finish an academic Master’s degree, preferably in finance, quantitative finance, IT, or similar analytical field
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 02/04/2023. Please note that we will be contacting candidates on an on-going basis, so we welcome your application as soon as possible.
For inspiration, have a look at our Markets LC&I Career Blog, Meet our Talents: https://nordeamarkets.com/career/blog/. For questions regarding the position, please contact Simon Møllegård Larsen, email@example.com.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Your application has been successfully submitted.